From picturesque canals and parks, to quirky cafes and restaurants nearby, Bow Garden Square is not just a multi-award-winning scheme…
This popular and well-designed scheme underwent extensive consultation with local residents before Burdett Estate could be regenerated and provide much-needed new homes and a range of facilities which are a valuable addition to the local community.
Bow Garden Square provides 109 mixed-tenure homes, a new primary school and nursery including a sports hall and a mosque. The school’s playground has been designed around a large, mature wingnut tree creating a quiet space for reading and a canopy which connects all the school buildings creating a safe enclosure and cover from rain or sun. The scheme completion was celebrated earlier this year with the event being held on-site and attended by the local MP, the Mayor of Tower Hamlets, the school head, a local resident, a mosque committee member, Poplar HARCA, Telford Homes and Potter Raper.
In total, the project has won 7 awards:
- ‘Project Award’ at the Housing Design Awards 2017
- ‘Regeneration Scheme of the Year’ at The Sunday Times British Homes Awards 2019
- ‘Development of the Year’ Award at the RESI Awards 2019
- Jointly won ‘Best Regeneration Project’ at the Evening Standard New Homes Award 2019
- ‘Homebuilder of the Year’ at The Sunday Times British Homes Awards 2019
- ‘Innovation in Delivering Value’ Category winner at the Education Estates Award 2019
- ‘Best Development (100+ homes)’ at the Inside Housing Development Awards 2019
Working alongside our Clients; Poplar HARCA, the London Borough of Tower Hamlets and Telford Homes, Potter Raper provided Employer’s Agent and Quantity Surveying services. We thoroughly enjoyed working on this prestigious scheme which has not only provided much needed homes and facilities but it was designed sustainably, incorporating 80 photovoltaic panels, sun tubes, sedum roofs, a breathing building system, BREEAM “Excellent” rating for the school and mosque, and all homes have been built to Lifetime Homes standards.