The Department for Education (DfE) has just launched the funding applications for the upcoming Condition Improvement Fund (CIF) for 2024/25 and there are some changes this year.
CIF is your annual opportunity to secure crucial capital funding for your educational institution. It’s aimed at addressing significant condition needs, ensuring that your facilities remain safe and in optimal condition.
What’s new for CIF 2024/25?
- Reinforced autoclaved aerated concrete (RAAC) – You don’t need to submit CIF applications for RAAC mitigations or roof replacements. The DfE will cover all costs, both immediate and long-term, for RAAC mitigation and removal.
- Expansion project disqualification – Expansion applications that aim to increase capacity by less than 10% for additional places projects, or for schools where the current enrollment is less than 10% over capacity for overcrowding projects, will not be considered.
Full details can be read here.
Key Dates for Your Diary:
- Launch of CIF 2024-25: Information for applicants published and online application window opens – 19 October 2023
- Deadline for new applicants to register for an account – 12 noon, 7 December 2023
- Deadline for applicants to submit applications with all supporting documents – 12 noon, 14 December 2023
- Applicants notified of outcome – May 2024 (subject to change)
Potter Raper: Your trusted experts in condition improvement funding
Given the high demand for CIF funding, demonstrating substantial project need is crucial for success. Early planning is paramount, encompassing surveys, project tenders, supporting evidence and assessments. That’s why we recommend initiating your CIF Bid process promptly, with an experienced consultancy like Potter Raper.
We understand the intricate details and requirements of CIF applications. Our team of experienced professionals has helped numerous clients apply for CIF grants and has a long track record of success. Find out more on our CIF services page – CIF Service – Potter Raper Ltd