Ashford International Studios
Newton Works, Ashford
Newtown Works, Grade II derelict listed locomotive sheds located adjacent to the main railway line through Ashford International Rail Station, will be transformed into apartments, workshops, TV / Film Studios, a Film School, a hotel, a roof-top restaurant, and a multi-storey car park.
|Our Services:||Fund Monitoring|
|Client:||Ashford Borough Council|
|Contract Period:||3 years|
|Contract Type:||Bespoke Funding Agreement|
The Development will become Ashford International Studios and is a core of Ashford Borough Council’s ‘Big Six’ programme.
The project comprises the creation of:
- 80,000 sq. ft. TV / Film studios, with associated post-production offices and ancillary spaces, workshops and media village
- 20,000 sq. ft. Film school in partnership with local further education institutions
- A 120-bedroom hotel, including ancillary space, and a further 62 serviced apartments and conference space
- A 383-space multi-storey car park
- Internal and external alterations to the Grade II listed Engine and Locomotive Shed buildings, including increasing the height by two storeys to provide flexible commercial floorspace for use in connection with the film/TV school
- 302 residential units, including a café and internal parking for 322 cars within the locomotive sheds
- Gym and restaurant use
- Change of use, internal and external alterations to three other listed buildings on site to provide ancillary uses to the film/TV school
- A fully landscaped new public realm running the length of the estate
For more information on this scheme, or to discuss working with us, please contact Paul Denny (Director).
CGIs courtesy of Quinn Estates